Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

2 posters

Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast Integration/Modification

durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast  Integration/Modification Empty Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast Integration/Modification

Post  durka durka Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Okay, I have had to redo this thread 2 times because of stupid internet explorer. Here goes nothing.

Anyway, I was searching through my scraps and unused guns, when I found these two and decided to create a blaster that would maximize functionality and minimize any weaknesses/drawbacks. This took a relatively short time work-wise, granted that your bbbb and at3k are already modded.

The bbbb is a good nerf gun, but with a coupler it can support almost every barrel type and be so much more.
    Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast  Integration/Modification PICT0022
    Internals with coupler, ignore the black thing, that comes later.

Now, we know the bbbb can support a wide range of ammo types and has great ranges, but has a crappy rof. The at3k on the other hand, has a faster rof even if it has lower ranges. Combining the two will create a powerfull gun that will have no major weaknesses. Before doing this mod, you should already have replaced the barrels and removed the goo gauge of the at3k. I recomend putting a coupler on your bbbb.
    You will need:

• industrial glue like amazing goop
    • hot glue
    • a saw or other sharp object for cutting
    • a knife for clearing excess glue and straightening up cuts
    • at least 6" of 3/8" foam pipe insulator
    • The sword of 1000 truths (saving the world of warcraft is optional)

You will need to cut the following like so:
    Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast  Integration/Modification PICT0018
    Pay attention to the side that is cut down more. This is what BOTH sides need to look like. The partially cut side is just to give you an idea of what has to be cut off of the stock 3k.
    Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast  Integration/Modification PICT0019
    For the bbbb, all you have to do is cut down the handle a little.
    Thats it! now you are ready to start gluing.
    Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast  Integration/Modification PICT0021
    Make sure to glue the shell pieces together with the interior of the shells facing down. This keeps the guns centered and straight. I started with that glue in the bottom of the pic (it's basically like amazing goop), and added hot glue on after to make sure the shells didn't shift. Remember to reinforce both sides of each shell.
    Next, grab that section of foam pipe insulatior and cut it lengthwise.
    Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast  Integration/Modification PICT0023
    You might have noticed a gaping hole in your gun by this stage. Thats what these foam pieces are for. Glue them in where the hole is between the bbbb and at3k like so:

Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast  Integration/Modification PICT0024
    If using hot glue, make sure the glue isn't too hot or it will melt the foam. It would be useful to have more of this foam to create rockets for the bbbb. I have made a few, but still need to test more designs. The rockets will fit securely on a cpvc barrel wraped in a few layers of e-tape.
    once assembled, part of the tubing will be loose. This should be glued to the side of the bbbb below the trigger (see next pic)
    The finished product with base coat of paint:

Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast  Integration/Modification PICT0027
    Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast  Integration/Modification PICT0025
    The mod leaves just enough space for me to grip the bbbb trigger without real problems. The gun is pretty light for its size, and it isn't too large. I won't post ranges because i haven't done anything new to the internals of eah gun. The ranges are typical unplugged pump ranges (from guesstimation). The aim of this mod wasn't to create new ways to boost the guns' performance, just to maximize on the prexistant mods for each gun.
    The bbbb can be used in multiple situations as it can support multiple barrel setups, and the 3k is a reliable backup. Remember, when you integrate a secondary into your primary, you can't get a decent balance of rof and range to make it worthwhile. The mav has rof but sucks in range. The nite finder has range, but slower rof. With the integration of a 3k, I can get a rof slightly slower than a mav with ranges that are better than the nitefinder.
    On another note; silencers are much easier to make if you use the 3/8" foam pipe insulator. Just simply glue the foam over the drilled barrel, presto! Silencer! I love the look of silencers even if they do almost nothing to help nerf guns.

A quick question: Is there anyway to post pics without having to drag them all the way fromt the top of the page to the desired location?

Thats all folks!!!
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast  Integration/Modification Empty Re: Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast Integration/Modification

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:25 am

Pretty good, and reasonably clean, too. One thing that would be good is to have the AT3K tank be able to be filled by the air in the BBB tank if there were a situation where instant-short-range firepower is needed.

-So1
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast  Integration/Modification Empty Re: Air Tech 3000 and Buzz Bee Big Blast Integration/Modification

Post  durka durka Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:54 am

Slayer_of_OnE wrote:Pretty good, and reasonably clean, too. One thing that would be good is to have the AT3K tank be able to be filled by the air in the BBB tank if there were a situation where instant-short-range firepower is needed.

-So1
    Interesting idea. I'll Maybe I could connect the two with some sort of valve. For now, however, it stays as is untill i get bored with it.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm

That is okay...consider it added to the directory.

-So1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:12 pm