Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

4 posters

A mobile nerf "armored car"?

Mosin36
    Mosin36

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

A mobile nerf "armored car"? Empty A mobile nerf "armored car"?

Post  Mosin36 Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:14 pm

What would someone say to a go-cart, outfitted with protection on the sides, zipping around a field or paved path at a park, spraying people with foam darts? It would have to be a two seater of course. One person to drive, the other to shoot.
    Possibilities?????????? Twisted Evil
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

A mobile nerf "armored car"? Empty Re: A mobile nerf "armored car"?

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:02 pm

Sounds hilarious, but would not be widely accepted at a typical international nerf war like those that are scheduled in the NIC. However, if you have a decent amount of people willing to war with you, and they are fine with that idea, then it sounds pretty cool.

I would suggest an electric vehicle of some sort, with a fairly slow top speed so that nobody gets hurt...

Hey...just like one of those scaled-down cars for kids, but slightly larger to fit 2 people, but it has a relatively slow speed so that nothing unfortunate happens.

-So1
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Post  durka durka Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:23 pm

I think the idea would be funny, as long as you made the use of the vehicle fair. For example, if you used titan rockets to "destroy" the vehicle. This would bring new tactics into wars.
    Also, I think it would be even better if you cut a round hole in the top of a golf cart, and then mounted a turret, using the vulcan, kind of like a humvee. You could create a 50 round chain and box for the vulcan, and make the turret spin around so the user has a 360 degree line of fire.
    Now that would be really funny, if it were actually created. The only problem with this idea is that no one has ever followed through.
    Unfortunate incidents can be easily avoided by, what so1, and by not inviting stupid people to your war. I find that leaving stupid people out of situations makes things run a whole lot better.
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Why a fifty round chain? I have a one hundred!
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:23 pm

True, and a 100-dart chainbox would not be an issue, seeing at it is mounted on the vehicle, not being lugged around.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Post  cannotaim Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:14 am

People have broken their rotation mechs by having the longer chains.You would also be running over everyone's darts..........
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:26 pm

I got another idea for this. Someday in the future, when those paintball tanks they have in Europe come "across the pond" and they're not outrageously expensive, replace the paintball gun with a vulcan or other weapon (perferrably automatic) that may have come out by then. But this is a long way away.

Do they have them in England, Speed?
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Mosin36 wrote:I got another idea for this. Someday in the future, when those paintball tanks they have in Europe come "across the pond" and they're not outrageously expensive, replace the paintball gun with a vulcan or other weapon (perferrably automatic) that may have come out by then. But this is a long way away.

Do they have them in England, Speed?
    They have paintball tanks in the US...............plus plastic+co2=cracked/brittle plastic.
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:35 pm

I said replace the paintball gun.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:51 pm

I guess running over darts might be an issue, but they are just darts. It would be best to avoid ruining them, but they are relatively cheap to make. I think a bigger problem would be running over dropped guns (oh noes, not my crossbowz!). however this would be solved by making rules that would prevent guns from laying around (drop your gun at your own risk?).
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Sure, or another one: War at your own risk!

Also, I get your User name, durka-->

"Team America: World Police"

Eih? Eih?

-So1
    DURKA EDIT: + 1 cookie to So1
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Tue May 05, 2009 6:32 pm

durka durka wrote: I think a bigger problem would be running over dropped guns (oh noes, not my crossbowz!). however this would be solved by making rules that would prevent guns from laying around (drop your gun at your own risk?).
    But if you're rich enough to afford a golf cart why would you care if you ran over your guns?On a serious note I think this thread is stupid.Nerf gets more and more complicated. Mad
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Wed May 06, 2009 5:18 pm

Did I say you have to buy the cart? Did I say you would run over guns? Please try to make your posts more understandible. And try to put a space between periods and the beginning of the next sentence.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Wed May 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Mosin36 wrote:Did I say you have to buy the cart?

Did I say you would run over guns?

Please try to make your posts more understandible. And try to put a space between periods and the beginning of the next sentence.
    1. How do you get it then.

2. Yes.

3. Ok.
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Thu May 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Quote me exactly where I said I would run over guns in it. Also there are other ways of getting something other than buying it that are perfectly legal ie. scrap-yards.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu May 07, 2009 4:53 pm

I do notice tensions are starting to slowly elevate, so lets try to focus more on nerf, and less on the actual forum aspect of nerf.

As for this topic:

You can also aquire a different trasportation device, such as a light transpotation cart, like the ones they use around police stations.

As for running over guns, (oh, and to Cna, Durka said the "running over guns" bit, not mosin) a combined total of (maybe) 500 punds, depending on individual weight and the vehicle weight, is plenty to snap a plastic toy in half. Also, to answer the question, "Why leave guns lying around?" There is an instance where it is possible that the best situation is to drop your primary and head right towards your enemy with your trusty sidearm. And if, in that instance, the "mobile assault vehicle" whips by and crushes your primary, then that would be a moment to remind the poor fellow, "Drop your gun at your own risk"

Whew...

So1
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Fri May 15, 2009 10:13 pm

True this idea is kind of stupid, but i would like to see this tried just to do it. The reason why I mentioned running over guns is because I tend to leave guns lying around during battles. Many times I use a large portion of my guns and just stash them somewhere, use them as needed, and sometimes drop them when they are tactically worthless. Usually, all the guns are spread around the battlefield by the end of the battle. I know in most organized wars you only have one or two guns, but even if someone dropped one gun................
    I wouldn't want to go to a nerf war and have my pride and joy crushed by some careless guy in a nerf tank. Its not really an issue of you running over your own guns, its about you running over some other guys doomsayer (crossbow, lancer, ect.).
    [/end rant]
    (so1's cookie has been granted)
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Mon May 18, 2009 4:21 pm

This is all good, but I see that very little conceptualizing has been done in this topic. true, there has been quite a bit of talk about what vehicle to use, but other than that, most of this topic has revolved around the Gun-Dropping issue. My point is, the point of this subforum is to have people constructively ask questions relating to putting this concept into production. If more of that type of posts are not made, then I'm afraid that this thread really has no point other than speculation purposes.

-So1
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Mon May 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Allright, time to but this topic back to use.
    Say the golf cart converted to a humvee-ish looking thing (specifically the hole for the gunner in the roof) were to utilize the vulcan, like I stated earlier. The vulcan does sacrifice range, but no priming is required, resulting in a potentially endless stream of darts. If you constructed and positioned it correctly, I believe it would be possible to have a large box behind the vulcan (where ever it may be placed) filled with 10 connected chains of ammo. In the passenger seat, you would have someone with a titan (not singled) or any other foam doom weapon that fires foam missles or balls. This would give the nerf armored car anti vehicle capabilities which would be useful if there were other vehicles present.
    The armored car would have some protection for the passengers, but not enough where it would be impossible to "kill" them. It would have to be somewhat harder to shoot the passengers than just a regular nerfer on foot, otherwise the car wouldn't be very armored, and it would just give the passengers a quick trip across the battlefield. Even speed would be compromised if the converted vehicle was not all terrain.
    Lets get thinking again, instead of bickering over the run over gun thing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pm