Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

2 posters

Nerf Strategies

Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Nerf Strategies Empty Nerf Strategies

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Seeing as how Nerf is hardly mil-sim, as rounds are of low-velocity, and always shoot under 200 feet (ahem...FLAT!...), Everybody who nerfs needs to adopt a different set of tactics that work for nerf.

If the filter hasn't said it enough already, Sniiping does not work. Seeing as how drawing a lead, as well as getting your tragectory correct get sketchy after about 50 feet, sniiping is pretty much impossible in Nerf. Nerf isn't about camping and waiting for somebody to shoot. No. It's about High-octane-up-in-your-face-shoot-em-up action. Ninja style. So, the ultimate purpose of this thread is to have a collaborative group effort to create a set of guidelines of exactly what you should do in a nerf war. I will post my tactics in a few, and as of right now, I am the only one allowed to double post, seeing as how I wan this thread to "have the right flow" to it.

So, without further adieu, Lets Strategize.

-So1

Last edited by Slayer_of_OnE on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops. Filter.)
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Nerf Strategies Empty Re: Nerf Strategies

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:34 pm

My Strategies-

The distraction: This can only work if your are in an alliance with another person, and works best in an urban setting. Say there is a pack of opponents behind a building. What you do is-->
    Have a teammate (with good reflexes, because good dodging skills may/may not be needed) run around the other side of a building. He should be holding a weapon with long range, so he can induce standoffs. Once he has the opponents' attention, sneak up within 30-40 feet of them. Then, unleash fire on them. do not let them split up beforehand, as then individual targets get skinda difficult. Make sure they're still somewhat close to eacother so that your firing can be quick. Oh, and one more thing. A weapon with a decent ROF is essential. You want to lay down enough fire so that they are busy dodging and not returning. If for some reason the turn their attention to you, your teammate will then sneak on them.

This strategy is good for assault, but lacking in defense. These groups are made primarily for infiltration, and so proper defensive backup is also advised.

More to come in future posts,

-So1

Last edited by Slayer_of_OnE on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speeling error, only one)
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Post  cannotaim Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:04 pm

If your fighting inside you can put vaseline on the circular handles of doors.

Last edited by cannotaim on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:23 am

I'm sorry, I truly have no idea what this meant, I am having a brain cramp...

Circular handles of what?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:33 pm