Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

4 posters

2009 Nerf Blasters!!!

Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Empty 2009 Nerf Blasters!!!

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Here is the link. 'nuff said...

Read it more towards the bootom, but notice the Dart tag world championship...hmmm...

-So1

P.S.-oh, and sorry if everybody knows about this already, I am NerfHaven Deprived... Sad

EDIT: furyfire sounds just like the magstrike. (ten auto-advancing barrels, rapid fire)

CTF and Targeting set may have NF or Scout-like blasters, that have one barrel and 2 ammo holders, as they come with 3 or six darts, depending on the number of blasters...And as for the raider- 35-freaking darts! a Large drum! Sounds Pimp...and Slam fire mode, probably innacurate, but offers rapid fire capabilities, and I bet it could be cosmetically altered to look like an awesome shotgun. I just hope it is a lot different than the Recon, though... Oh, and sorry! no Spartan NSC 12!

Last edited by Slayer_of_OnE on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DESCRIPTIONIZING!)
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Empty Nerf Dart Tag World Championship

Post  durka durka Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:06 pm

I haven't been on awhile, mostly because I forgot this sites address. Regardless, I will try and keep in touch here more often.
    On to relevant details: I think it would be neat to send a member of the NIC (or two) to this event. I think I heard something about this being open to the public (or something like that). This event is most likely to use new and old stock dart tag guns.
    We all know that turrets dont exactly provide the best seal (ie the maverick). This furyfire could have (fixable) issues. The spartan would have been a nice gun, but the 35 round mag clip makes up for that. The Raiders "digital camo" is just a bunch of blue textured squares on, well, the same shade of blue. What a disapointment (camo wise). the CTF set might be usefull.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Empty Re: 2009 Nerf Blasters!!!

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:10 pm

Durka has raised some key points, which I am thankful for. Although the Furyfire sounds just like the magstrike, and I am pretty sure it IS, they should have zero quality control issues, as I have one of the new magstrikes, and they are very good quality for a fully auto pump-able weapon. As for the DTWC (Dart tag world championship), I fully plan to try out/register for this competition, provided it is somewhat near me.

Oh, and one last thing- Has anybody in the NIC aware of all of this news yey? I would think they are, through OMC, but I do not know if they know about the DTWC...

-So1
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:04 pm

Sorry for double posting, but I had just reread Durka's last comment on the Raider's Paint scheme...

Where does it say (or why do you imply) that the paint scheme is going to be blue? The entire N-strike line has been-yellow-ized, and therefore, I speculate (yes, speculate...how horrible) thatthe paint on it will be yellow, along with a black digi-camo theme.

-So1
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Post  cannotaim Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:57 pm

Interesting...very interesting...

First off, the drum is awesome, but it does not look practical. It appears to bee way too huge, and may be able to reduce the maneuverablility of the blaster. Also, there is no pump action sliding bar, but a second handle, which may be more ergonomic, but has little cosmetic appeal. That does not nescessarily mean that one can be implicated!! Also, the PJ sucks. It looks waaaayy too blue, as maybe a hue used with the LS may be better.

There are some visible flaws to this blaster, but I do see some advantages...

It does not really look n=much like a recon, which means it could have a normal plunger assembely, not a reverse plunger system. Also, with a barrel that long, a suitable breech may be in order (notice the orange jam door on the side). I will not go into too much speculation, as this may or may not be another recon incident, where we may or may not overjudge this gun's potential. Only time will tell. But hey, a little speculating is fun, eh??

EDIT: Hold on, we got a bit of a problem. The section between the stock and the main barrel looks very reminiscent of a Recon's main blaster unit. However, there are still a few notable differences, which still keps the hope of a good blaster alive.Also, I do not think the stock nesescarily detaches like that of the Recon's, as it is cylidrical in shape. I believe it telescopes inward, Which means that this blaster body must have more room than a Recon's to fit the stock extension. This may also mean that it has...possibly...A nitefinder-like plunger array?? Please??? The suspense is already killing me... Oh well. I'll just have to stick with my sick Nite-finder, Magstrike, PAS, and longshot and TTG for now...oh, and a WIP titan...

Another Edit: Oh, and as for the DTWC, when the rules come out, I'll just have to take a good hard look to make sure that (loophole??) modified blasters can be used. At that point, it becomes a modern, national Dart tag war with modified blasters. Yay. At least, I pray that there would be an instance where somewhat modified blasters can be allowed...

-So1
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post  Mosin36 Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:48 pm

The crappy digital paint scheme gives me an idea. If you tape them off, paint the gun and the later paint the camo splotches, you will basically have a homemade digital camo with little excessive designing/painting.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:37 pm

There is a speculation thread on NH that show pictures of the new guns.The new dart tag gun looks like a sm1000 that looks like it has a lot of potential.

Last edited by cannotaim on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:06 pm

Someone on NH posted that the position of the barrels (at rest) make the gun look like it has a maverick/firefly rotating mech. This means that the turret shifts a barrel into place when the trigger is pulled.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Empty New guns

Post  cannotaim Wed May 20, 2009 5:50 pm

2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Picture4
    2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Picture5
    2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Picture6
    2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Picture7
    2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Picture8
    2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Picture9
    2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Picture10
    2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Picture11

Gizmodo Video for those of you that can't click a link.

2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Tf2009
    2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Tf2009b
    2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Furyfire
    2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Picture13
    2009 Nerf Blasters!!! Picture14
    NERF DART TAG FURYFIRE 2-Player Set

(Ages 8 years & up/Approximate Retail Price: $39.99/Available: Fall 09)

Gear up and go with the new NERF DART TAG FURYFIRE 2-Player Set.
    Complete with two new rapid-fire FURYFIRE blasters featuring
    auto-advance barrels that hold ten darts, two redesigned scoring vests,
    two sets of VISION GEAR eyewear and 20 DART TAG DARTS, the NERF DART TAG
    FURYFIRE 2-Player Set inspires engaging, energetic team play. Each set
    includes one green and one orange blaster; gather a group and divide
    teams by color to create an extreme NERF DART TAG environment. No
    batteries required. Each set sold separately.

NERF DART TAG CAPTURE THE FLAG Set

(Ages 8 years & up/Approximate Retail Price: $34.99/Available: Fall 09)

You'll have to use your stealth and speed to win NERF's
    adrenaline-pumping twist on capture the flag. Complete with two
    redesigned scoring vests, two STORMFIRE blasters, six DART TAG DARTS and
    a new Electronic Flag, the NERF DART TAG CAPTURE THE FLAG Set offers an
    advanced way to enjoy classic DART TAG action. The Electronic Flag
    features flashing lights, sounds and motion sensors and includes three
    built-in game modes: Battle your opponents to see who can capture the
    Flag and not get tagged! Or race to “seek” and “disarm” the Flag with
    challenging five and fifteen-minute timed modes. Requires two “AA”
    batteries; not included. Each set sold separately.

NERF DART TAG Targeting Set

(Ages 8 years & up/Approximate Retail Price: $14.99/Available: Fall 09)

Build the skills to stay cool and calm when caught in the middle of
    high-energy NERF battles with the new NERF DART TAG Targeting Set. Bring
    the DART TAG experience indoors and perfect your game by standing the
    target on various surfaces or attaching it to the back of your door.
    Complete with one blaster, one set of VISION GEAR eyewear and three DART
    TAG DARTS, the NERF DART TAG Targeting Set is a great way to improve
    your accuracy and impress your teammates. No batteries required. Each
    set sold separately.

The new 2009 N-FORCE collection includes:

NERF N-FORCE Swords

(Ages 6 years & up/Approximate Retail Price: $9.99/Available: Spring 09)

Master your hand-to-hand battle skills with the first introductions in
    the NERF N-FORCE line. Standing 32 inches in length, the flexible,
    durable, foam N-FORCE Swords are unlike any NERF product before them.
    The NERF N-FORCE Swords are available in blue and yellow at most major
    toy retailers nationwide. Each sold separately.

The 2009 N-STRIKE collection includes:

NERF N-STRIKE RAIDER RAPID FIRE CS 35 blaster

(Ages 6 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $34.99/Available: Fall 09)

Get ready for the highest dart capacity NERF blaster yet! The NERF
    N-STRIKE RAIDER RAPID FIRE CS 35 blaster is the next big thing from
    NERF’s popular N-STRIKE line of dart blasters and features a collapsible
    stock and new drum magazine that holds 35 darts and is interchangeable
    with the NERF N-STRIKE RECON CS-6 blaster and NERF N-STRIKE LONGSHOT
    CS-6 blaster. By holding the trigger and pumping, players can instantly
    transition between “single” fire and “slam” fire mode, unleashing a
    rapid stream of 35 darts. Complete with a removable shoulder stock and
    Tactical Rail System allowing players to customize their blaster for
    each mission, the NERF N-STRIKE RAIDER RAPID FIRE CS 35 blaster also
    features a cool “digital camo” pattern unlike any NERF blaster before
    it. No batteries required.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu May 21, 2009 6:24 am

It lloks like the CTF blaster has a reasonably large plunger, given its current size. Therefore, it may be a powerful sidearm (once modded, and once electronic crap is removed). Also, it appears to have a slide at the back for priming the gun.

As for the furyfire, it does look like there is some sort of pump on the front, but there is a lot of shell room above the trigger to hold some sort of plunger mechanism. Unless, of course, that is where the tank is kept...

-So1
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Fri May 22, 2009 4:39 pm

The firefury is thought to be a sm1k remake.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Fri May 22, 2009 9:38 pm

Hopefully, the furyfire will be a nice suprise. The raider seems to be pushing along the same line the last n-strike guns: It promotes rapid fire and interchangeable parts.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:57 pm

A new update on the new set of guns:
    Furyfire: If prices translate correctly, This set of two could end up costing a good amount of money.
    CTF set: The blasters in this set are called stormfires.
    36 pack of streamlines: Looks like this is made for the raider. Suprisingly, there is no drum mag included, like how vulcan refills included chains and how the recon refils (2 clips and 10 darts) included clips.
    Flip Clip dart refill: Two recon clips (orange) with darts and this little gray thing that is supposed to hook the clips together so you can just flip the clip around to reload. Isn't tape much cheaper?
    EDIT: found a 36 pack of whistler darts. Pre-order is that rumored release date of July 15th. 10 bucks is not a bad price for 36 darts. There is also the same thing with suction darts instead.

Thats all for now. Because these guns are on websites like amazon, they may be set to release soon.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:28 am

Very Nice finds, Durka. It seem slike the furyfires will have a reasonably large airtank capacity, similar to or possibly larger than the AT2K tank, given the furyfire's large shell. Also, The CTF blasters look rather interesting- there is what appears to be a slide at the back (noted by the plunger-rod thingy connecting to the back slide) which will give the blaster a sliding action, yet a have a plumger size similar to that of a TTG or a NF. This will give the blaster interesting cosmetic and ergonomic appeal, and still keep the functionality (that is, range capability) of a long distance sidearm such as, mentioned above, a NF or TTG.

-So1
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:12 pm

A few weeks ago there was an ebay auction for a raider. It turns out that the auction was legit. Ice from nh won the auction and has posted a preview complete w/ internal pics here.
    Basically the raider is an improved recon for $15 more (assuming the speculation price of 35 usd is correct). The improvements include; rapid fire, somewhat better ranges (stock), and a drum mag. The biggest problem is that a metal bar used to prime the gun needs reinforcement before new springs can be added.
    one more thing: The 2009 dew tour (the nerf dart tag championship) is back in the spotlight. It appears that up to eight teams of four in two age groups (8 to 12 and 13 to 17) can sign up for the tournaments. Not to mention the winning team gets $25,000 (6,250 for each member) and probably lots of publicity time for the NIC. You could buy LOTS of nerf guns with that kind of money.
    So I say rally your nerfers and go for it! This event will draw more nerfers to the NIC. We can ban all the stupid ones and benefit from whatever good nerfers we get from this.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:49 am

Raider: (laughs) You bitch,Durka! My new account (Slayer_of_OnE) has been validated, but I am still banned for another 19 days. Therefore, I cannot see the review, but thank you very much for giving a good verbal description. Also, at what price did Ice win the auction at?...I bet all speculation of the Raider has stopped at NH.

WDTC (World Dart Tag Championship)= oh great..looks like I can't view that one either...where was this information found??

Also, if there were an interview with the winners, they could publicize the NIC and finally push our hobby out into the open. Who knows...perhaps there will be another CaptainSlug or Angel that hasn't yet discovered this hobby...

Now where can I sign up...

EDIT: Oh great...I only have 10 days before the first scrimmage in Chicago...damn. Oh well... I got all the forms from here
    -So1
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Does anyone know the set month, day etc. it is supposed to be relesed. Or this one of those it might be released in October but it really comes out in August kind of things. I hated it when Nerf did that with the Vulcan. The Raider looks really easy to use and compact (if you use a normal clip instead of the cornfield-size clip). By the way, what constitutes as "rapid fire"?
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Rapid fire (nerf): <rahpid // fy-uhr> :: capable of firing ten shots before you expire because of natural causes::
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Mosin36 wrote:Does anyone know the set month, day etc. it is supposed to be relesed. Or this one of those it might be released in October but it really comes out in August kind of things. I hated it when Nerf did that with the Vulcan. The Raider looks really easy to use and compact (if you use a normal clip instead of the cornfield-size clip). By the way, what constitutes as "rapid fire"?
    I heard a rumor about July 15th being the release date for at least some of the new guns. Sites like amazon are putting the new guns on their websites labeled as "out of stock". This leads me to believe that some should be coming out soon.
    It would be funny just to watch the wdtc. I would at least like to know who wins.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:00 pm

Well, the wdtc will take place in orlando, and each match will take place in a tent equal to or slightly smaller than those used in paintball. All of the forms can be found on the nerf home page under dart tag-dart tag league--you know the rest.

I already have the forms printed out. The biggest challenge will be to find 3 friends of mine that would like to ride over to chicago to shoot other people with plastic toys. The only thing that may entice them is the fact that 25,000 dollars is in it for them...
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:03 am

Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:14 am

Last year, before the vulcan came out, there were spaces set out on the shelves for the vulcan in july. From my understanding, there were already vulcans in the storage room, but were set to be released in september, seeing as it was going to be one of the hottest toys of the fall. A little bribing can go a long way!
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:28 pm

I got my vulcan from Target in August of last year. Also another instance is with the recon if my memory serves me correctly.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 pm

New Buzzbee guns

Look at middle of page.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:31 am