Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

4 posters

A nerf "Mortar"?

Mosin36
    Mosin36

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

A nerf "Mortar"? Empty A nerf "Mortar"?

Post  Mosin36 Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:20 pm

The other day, I was thinking to myself," Self... would mortars work as an effective tactic for scattering groups of enemies, possibly into an ambush?" As I thought more about it, I realized there is a slight chance it might work. A stock Titan angeled upwards at a trajectory of 75 degrees would maybe reach anywhere between 30 to 50 yards. But one? It just simply wouldn't work. But six? Or ten? Now that might work. To coordinate fire, you could just simply put someone forward of the "mortars" with a high rate of fire gun, in cell-phone contact with someone with the Titans. You could then send a small blocking force to cut off or ambush the enemy. Yes, Nerf is a fast paced game, but let's say you're playing three hits and then your out. People with two hits could then fall-back and man the "mortars". It would be a good alternative to sitting the game out.It also would be a good excuse to bring a Titan to a war.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

A nerf "Mortar"? Empty Re: A nerf "Mortar"?

Post  cannotaim Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Actually people have made rocket launchers that shoot nerf footballs.I think that a bazooka would be better than a high powered weapon that is dangerous.Imagine when the dart falls....
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:30 am

Yes, physics finally pays off...

No. The dart will fall at a terminal velocity, as it will be met by air resistance, lowering its falling speed to approximately the speed of a dart fired from a barely-modified NF. Not lethal at all.

However, there would need to be multiple barrels, so a greater spread is achieved.

-So1
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:20 pm

How come one time on mythbusters they had a myth like this except with real guns and if they reach their terminal velocity they can kill.But it would be inaccurate.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:32 pm

Well, the one on Mythbusters had the velocity to injure, but not kill. As for Nerf, the darts are more harmless than being fired from the gun in general. Pretty inaccurate as you said as well. However, they will have never expected--AN AIR STRIKE!! Mwuahahaaaa!!!!

Decent Idea, but I won't be awed until I see it in action.

-So1
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Slayer_of_OnE wrote:Well, the one on Mythbusters had the velocity to injure, but not kill. As for Nerf, the darts are more harmless than being fired from the gun in general. Pretty inaccurate as you said as well. However, they will have never expected--AN AIR STRIKE!! Mwuahahaaaa!!!!

Decent Idea, but I won't be awed until I see it in action.

-So1
    I 'll try it with my griend>
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:12 am

Griend?
    or do you mean- Girlfriend?
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Slayer_of_OnE wrote:Griend?
    or do you mean- Girlfriend?
    Sorry tried to say friends.My computer is being homo.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:02 pm

Ha. Hope your computer stops being homo...(laughs out loud). Anyways, I got my hands on a titan by trading my Recon, with all attachments, a clip, 6 crappy streamlines, and a LS scope to an 8-year-old for it. Completely worth it, but all I really want in it is the tank. However, I may just hold on before I scrap it because of this Idea (mortar)...Hmmmm....One question though- there is an annoying orange pience enclosing the pump on the back. Almost similar to the piece that encloses a Magstrike pump. Any particular (best) way to get that sucker off?

P.S.- I got my hands on one of the new yellow Magstrikes. Awesome. fires off 2 clips-STOCK, and the text on the box is true- it is a TON more powerful. (crosses fingers that there are no quality control issues).

Plus, I have an extra magstrike bladder...what's that I smell-->POTENTIAL??!?!?!!!?

Too bad it only comes with one clip...

-So1
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:20 pm

Heat then pry it off with a flat screwdriver or dremel off each side.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Ok thank you Cna...
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:43 pm

My friend made a painful yet, quite interesting mod to his Titan. He singled and rebarreled it. But in the process made it able to fire Chuncks of PVC that he cut. It gets awesome ranges and hurts like a bitch when you get shot with it. He can load 2 or 3 pieces and they fire simultaneously. I'll have to get how he did this.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Post  durka durka Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:22 pm

As for this topic of a mortar, a mortar (or several) could be more effective if you used them to drive the enemy into a trap. As a nerf mortar would be very inacurate, its best effect would be its intimidation.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:56 am

As I said in my first post This(http://www.instructables.com/id/SA6HLJPFITUIWV9/)would be great with THESE.I made one last week and it shoots about 150 feet flat. affraid

Last edited by cannotaim on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 am

Sounds interesting, but you link is broken and I can't see what kind of launcher you are using. At least we have actual results. Would it be possible to use one of these in the launcher. I would imagine that it would hurt ranges and (the grenades) would require pumping. However, this ammo would spray darts everywhere, making for a more realistic "explosion" like an actual mortar. This nerf mortar wouldn't need great aim and would be able to cause chaos if utilizing the nerf grenade is possible.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:12 pm

durka durka wrote:Sounds interesting, but you link is broken and I can't see what kind of launcher you are using. At least we have actual results. Would it be possible to use one of these in the launcher. I would imagine that it would hurt ranges and (the grenades) would require pumping. However, this ammo would spray darts everywhere, making for a more realistic "explosion" like an actual mortar. This nerf mortar wouldn't need great aim and would be able to cause chaos if utilizing the nerf grenade is possible.
    It is possible if you have a pvc pipe with same diameter.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:34 pm

sounds like it might be something worth looking into (if it is possible to obtain a nerf grenade and the right barrel
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:15 pm

durka durka wrote:sounds like it might be something worth looking into (if it is possible to obtain a nerf grenade and the right barrel
    Well plus it has to be soft or it will shatter(I mean the grenade).
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:09 pm

The grenade would be traveling far and fast enough to actually damage the grenade? Man, I need to get this launcher and try this out! I supose there would be a way to mod the grenade to keep it from destroying itself or hurting anyone it happen to hit directly. Maybe padding the front with some sort of foam that would reduce any direct hit's effect similar being hit with the titan rocket. Foam would also protect any plastic parts from shatering on impact with hard objects.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:13 pm

durka durka wrote:The grenade would be traveling far and fast enough to actually damage the grenade? Man, I need to get this launcher and try this out! I supose there would be a way to mod the grenade to keep it from destroying itself or hurting anyone it happen to hit directly. Maybe padding the front with some sort of foam that would reduce any direct hit's effect similar being hit with the titan rocket. Foam would also protect any plastic parts from shatering on impact with hard objects.
    Well i shot it at the park with some friend and it got about 300 feet angled.
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:53 am

What about those crappy balls that come with the reactor? You could fit two or three in a titan. When they fire, it might create a "raining shotgun" effect.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:23 pm

To Mosin: sounds mediocre, and for two reasons-->

1. There may be a complication with finding a barrel with the right size for it, as there are few variations of pipe (or any barrel material) that may fit the ball perfectly
    2. Because they are "ball" shaped projectiles, the spin caused by the airflow will curve the ball WAY off course, then causing a more-dispersed-than-desired effect that in short, really is not all that effective

-So1
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:12 am

Exactly,balls can't go far no matter how powerful a gun is.Farthest I've seen was 70 feet with foam golf balls and a fire extinguisher tank.
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Sorry, skipped Physics. Maybe the nerf footballs would work. The small ones with the tail. The are a little bit heavier and more aerodynamic. Plus, they may travel straighter due to the tail on the back. With a new barrel.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:26 pm

I made a homemade.I don't know what you mean by new barrel.New barrel for what?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:28 am