Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

3 posters

The Inline/RSCB Breech

durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

The Inline/RSCB Breech Empty The Inline/RSCB Breech

Post  durka durka Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:56 pm

I hope this post is in the right thread.
    As you all know, the RSCB/inline clip is very popular. However, everyone also knows about their major drawback; bigger dart capacity means bigger range decrease.
    The breech isn't much better. It takes too long to reload. This can be fixed, but you have to create your own magazine or create a way to use stefan compatible n-strike clip (both of which are a giant pain in the ass.

The RSCB is a good idea, except the design places the clip and all of its dead space behind the barrel. My new creation. puts the clip away from the airflow, so range does not decrease.
    To make this clip you will need:

• x1 cpvc (or other) breech. Preferably something that has a big sheath (the pipe over the barrel).

Example:
    The Inline/RSCB Breech DSCF0164
    the coupler on this breech allows for an easy airtight seal. It uses 3/4" pvc, 1/2" cpvc, and a 1/2" cpvc coupler. The design is fairly simple

• x1 3/4" thinwall pvc or any material that has a very loose fit on stefans
    • Something to seal bothh end sof the 3/4" thinwall. I couldn't find caps for the thinwall, but I do not recomend them (I'll explain why later)\
    • small saw to cut breech slots. Like most of the other materials on this list, feel free to improvise.
    • E-tape
    • Something to cut said E-tape with
    • goop, epoxy, or even hot glue.

* Note: This supply list does not include specific lengths or amounts.Please don't start whining about how you can't figure it out, I'm not your mother.
    Lets get started:
    Take your 3/4" thinwall and cut two breech slots each on opposite sides and ends of the pipe. Slots should be slightly longer than your stefans.
    The Inline/RSCB Breech DSCF0166
    In this pic, I barely got both ends of the cut breech slots, but you get the idea. Make sure the slots are big enough for a stefan to easily fall through. Clean up the edges of the freshly cut slots so they are smooth. Make the cuts close to the ends (within 1/2" of the end) All of these instructions are very important in preventing jams.
    Now you will need to block up both ends of the 3/4" thinwall. Whatever you use doesn't have to be airtight, in fact, I used rolled up paper covered in goop. just make sure what ever you are using lines up exactly with the end of the breech slot you cut earlier. In other words. make sure you don't block up any part of the breech slot, but don't make it so there is any space between the end of the breech slot and the end of the 3/4" thinwall.
    (sorry no pic)
    after you have done this, affix the 3/4" pvc to your breech like so:
    The Inline/RSCB Breech DSCF0169
    Glue the side with the bigger breech slot over the breech. Make sure they are as straight and even as possible.
    BEFORE YOU GO ON, TEST YOUR INLINE BREECH TO MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT JAM. If it does, make appropriate changes.
    Originally, i cut a small section of 1/2" cpvc in half length-wise and tried to use it to cover the gaps between the two breech slots. Don't do this.
    The darts had too much room to move around and got stuck. Your objective is to give the darts no where else to go but down into the breech. To do this use E-tape,. However if you just start wrapping E-tape around the inline breech, the darts will stick to the exposed sticky side of the E-tape and get stuck.
    To avoid this, you will need to cut out two pieces of E-tape . take one and hold it like you are going to place it over the gap between the breeches sticky side up. as you bring it down to place over the gap, curl the ends of the E-tape so the ends (only the ends) are sticky side down. affix each end to the pvc on either side of the gap. The E-tape, over the gap should all be sticky side down. Repeat this for the other side.
    The Inline/RSCB Breech DSCF0174
    Now just wrap E-tape around the same part of the inline breech to keep the two pieces of E-tape on.
    The Inline/RSCB Breech DSCF0173
    You are done! I added a grip on the breech for convenience.
    Proper loading method for best results:

1. load darts with breech closed
    2. tilt up to 45 degree angle
    3. tilt back down
    4. open and close breech
    5. fire

Steps one and two can be combined ( you could load darts while holding at a 45 degree angle)
    Opening the breech while the breech is angled up will cause a second dart to load improperly causing a jam.
    Opening the breech while angled down will cause no darts to load.
    Here is a plan for v 1.1:
    The Inline/RSCB Breech Untitled
    I also am going to look into a version I'm calling 1.1-R I'm thinking that 1.1 would be good for a cut down bbb.
    questions, comments, or ideas are welcomed.
    (Edit: damn my camera is old!)
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

The Inline/RSCB Breech Empty Re: The Inline/RSCB Breech

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:09 am

Great Job. You took a reliable idea and tweaked it to bhe even better, and possibly have a higher cosmettic (sp?) appeal. Again, props.

-So1
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Post  durka durka Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:12 pm

A quick, little, and unfortunately picture-less update. I have almost completed a new inline breech (among a myriad of projects, including basic mods on ten guns).

Anyway, This new version is very much like l.l. However, The tube magazine is pointed up at the user, and instead of a second loading breach, the end of the tube is not blocked up (still looking for something to cover the tube that can be easily removed for loading). Because the tube is at an angle, no tilting is necessary to position a dart above the breech. I still haven't done much testing concerning the area of jamming, but if all runs smoothly, this should be an improvement over the current design.

On another note, I'm looking for a cheap compressor (that is portable) for a big project. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:52 am

I got a cheap compressor a while ago...but I'll have to get back to you on it tuesday.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Post  cannotaim Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:44 pm

How cheap? Campbell Hausfeld compressors are good but about $50. http://www.chpower.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/chPrd3_10051_10001_91747_-1_10651_10784_

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:50 am