Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

3 posters

Competition

Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Competition Empty Competition

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:11 pm

Gentlemen (and ladies< if we have any), we have competition in our midst.

NerfFreaks.forumotion.net.

It has some decent buttons and some nice displays, but otherwise it's a bit tacky.

It seems that this site was created when we shunned SilentSnipe away from it, as I just saw a hap-hazard advertisement in his signature. It also seems they are piggy-backing off of our publicity ideas. They have been talking about putting links in their signatures, as well as making contests. Seems familiar, doesn't it???

They have quite a few members on their site, but not one of them are active on any regular basis.

Perhaps I'm over-analyzing this sort of thing. We have nothing to be defensive about. We just need to take more steps to publicize our existence in the NIC. My commercial hasn't been going great, seeing as I:

A: left my PAS at my mom's house, but I will be back on friday for 1 day, giving me little time to film before I'm gone until the friday after that.

B: have very little Ideas. I guess I can do a reproduction of my original script, but I need a catchier, fresher Idea.

Perhaps a goldylocks Idea.

NHQ: nooby

NH: too strict

FU:boring

NL: JUST RIGHT!!!

I dunno... you guys got anything???

-So1
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Competition Empty Re: Competition

Post  cannotaim Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:09 pm

I want this site to be the fourth official NIC site. Thats all I can say.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Post  durka durka Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:00 pm

cannotaim wrote:I want this site to be the fourth official NIC site. Thats all I can say.
    Agreed. We don't have to be the next NH, we just need to be recognized.
    Don't want to sound like a foul mouth, but silentshiteater is a faggot.
    Not only is he using all of our ideas (even the same friggin forum provider!), his site is tacky and seems quickly put together. The m16 in the background makes his site seem too mil-sim of a nerf site. We must point this, and the fact that he can't create his own ideas out to those who would choose his site over ours.
    Also, is there anyway to delete his account and block his IP from accessing this site? Doing so would keep him from using our ideas. If this can be done it should be done imediately.
    As for ideas on the commercial, I like So1's assesment of the NIC sites. We must stress that we are striving to be the site that is just right; the perfect moderation of all aspects of nerf and the NIC. We must also watch NF to see if it will become the mil-sim side of nerf. We should say we are willing to give anyone a chance. If you have no ideas, then I think it would be best to wait until you came across one. nothing sucks more than an uncreative, unmotivated commercial.
    EDIT: Just came up with an idea. What if we painted the initials, NL, somewhere on our primaries or loaner guns (if you have any). When you showed our loaned the gun(s) to another nerfer and they ask about the initials, you could tell them about nerflovers (you know, not too much so you sound preachy, but enough so they get what we are about).

I must again stress content. before I took a break from nerfing to go to scout camp, I created something that I think could possibly change the RSCB as we know it. I also finished a longshot/dtb intergration with a slightly different take. Hopefully I can get them posted with the very little time I have this week.
    HAHAHAHAHA: Took another look and noticed that the only reason why some members on nf have over ten posts is becauuse they were playing a word game, so most of their posts consisted of one word each.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 am

Well said. I'm on it this week.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:06 am