Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

4 posters

Publicity

Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Publicity Empty Publicity

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:59 pm

It has been six months since the creation of this site, and this forum is twenty (registered) members strong. However, the more blood we have flowing in this site, the more purpose we have posting here on a regular basis.

I know, the link (I hope) we have all put in our signatures has helped a bit, but we need something that will throw us into the NIC's plain view.

What we need here is a modification contest.

I had accessed NH from China last week (from a different IP) and noticed a multi-forum two-tier contest that was literally inhaling the NIC's attention. Having the first ever Modification Contest upped their publicity quite a bit.

Let's be the second.

Once I get the structure organized, we (active members of NL) can put links to it in the signatures and even slip the link into posts we make at both Nerfhaven and NHQ. Incoming members from other sites must register for this site to post their mods, and hopefully a large portion of the new mebers that would compete here will then stay here to be active members of this site.

I am restricted to NHQ, but I will do all I can to promote this competition there. I will be active simply as So1.

All we need to attract the NIC's attention is (our job) lots of links and hype for this competition, and a prize that will keep them attracted. We need a prize that makes joining an entire new forum from just a couple of links and some post content worthwhile. I'm thinking a sexy modded /painted blaster with great pictures of to it that has the lure capable of drawing a massive crowd. My goal is at least twenty-thirty entries into this contest.

Have any Ideas??

Post 'em Here.

What do you say, folks??

Y'all ready for this?

-So1

cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Publicity Empty Re: Publicity

Post  cannotaim Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:12 am

Foam universe also has contests....

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:14 am

Damn You!!!!

It's okay, though, because if we have a better prize than what they ever had, this site will be worth noticing.

-So1
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:42 am

I have been looking through for the different prizes FU has to offer, and the best that has everbeen offered was a choice between a magstrike, LS, BBB, or a recon. We (one of our active members...or me) need to either A) Mod an existing, decent blaster (such as a longshot or a PAS/RFS) to be sexy-badass, or B) Get our hands on a blaster that comes out this fall, whether it be a furyfire, stormfire, or a raider.

-So1

P.S.-sorry for double posting

P.P.S.-If somebody is able to do one of the above, I would be happy to offer them a moderator position in the future. Of course, after we have a surge of member from the contest.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Post  durka durka Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 am

We need a crossbow, somehow. That would be the ultimate pirze. However, since the chances of any of us running into a crossbow is zero, I like the idea of crazy modding another gun or offering up one of the new guns. A good mod to do would be the doomsayer mod.
    Another way we could promote this site is enter the Mother of All Modification Contests, however, I don't know if we have enough members or if the stucture for the mod judging is to rigid to accept another site.
    I'm not just saying this to be nice; but this site is has a lot of really neat features some not on other sites. Promotion will be the hardest part, and a contest might help increase membership.
    I say lets do it. I will keep an eye out for rare guns to promote this contest. When I mod my next gun (just finished one yesterday, don't know what to do next), I will keep this is mind and try to create some crazy gun, but I'm not promising anything.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:08 am

One simple thing we can all do is to check our local thrift-goodwill stores. I have one near me, and there is a somewhat decent chance one of us can run into an old nerf blaster, Crossbow or not.

I will try within the next week to get my hands on a RFS. There is a hobby store near me that sells them. I will try to do a good mod on this (or the knock-off halo assault rifle) to make it look like a weapon from halo. How does that sound???

-So1
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post  Mosin36 Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:40 pm

I also like trying to make some of my guns look historically accurate. For example, The Rapid Fire rifle with a new paint-job can look like a Winchester, BAR or Henry repeating rifle. The Maverick could be a revolver and the longshot could easily be turned into a Vietnam era M-16. The Nightfinder could look like a Colt .45, the Vulcan can be a Maxim Machine Gun, the new Raider an FG-42( you know the Kraut paratrooper gun from WW2). And all it will take is a few cuts here, a few cuts there, a new paintjob and good as a new oldish gun. Oh, and the Tommy 20 as Thompson would look really cool, very 20's gangsterish.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Post  durka durka Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Slayer_of_OnE wrote:One simple thing we can all do is to check our local thrift-goodwill stores. I have one near me, and there is a somewhat decent chance one of us can run into an old nerf blaster, Crossbow or not.

I will try within the next week to get my hands on a RFS. There is a hobby store near me that sells them. I will try to do a good mod on this (or the knock-off halo assault rifle) to make it look like a weapon from halo. How does that sound???

-So1
    I recently went to a local farmers market, which has a section for people who sell things they don't want anymore. You can find a lot of neat stuff their such as nerf guns!! I came across a longshot (one clip no front gun), a titan (no rocket), and a tommy twenty (ugh) all for ten bucks.

The modding will begin. If I create anything interesting, or awesome, I will let you guys know asap. Also, I found the buzzbee lazer gun ripoff of the halo ma5c at k-mart for ten bucks. I can't work on it this week, but I'll make it next weeks project.
    I sometimes like to make my guns look like real guns too, but not always. i painted a tommy twenty black with battle damage, and it looks promising even though I haven't gotten to cutting it up much or adding brown for a wooden looking stock and handle.
    All and all, I will try to get to work this week. We'll see how things go.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:27 am