Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

4 posters

PAS tube magazine

Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

PAS tube magazine Empty PAS tube magazine

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu May 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Stefan lies above the shifting block, and when the grip is pulled back, it pushes the block upwards underneath the breech, allowing the stefan to enter the breech. Grip moves forward, closing the stefan into the now-sealed breech, block moves down to accept another stefan in the tube, pushed forward by the spring. For loading: Take the cap off the front of the tube, which is connected to the spring to load stefans in. Put spring back in, and secure cap.

PAS tube magazine UntitledbreechtubePAS
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

PAS tube magazine Empty Re: PAS tube magazine

Post  durka durka Fri May 22, 2009 9:30 pm

In order for the darts to stay straight in the tube, I would make the tube out of something that is only a little too wide for the darts. This is one of the more simple designs I have seen, in that it incorporates existing parts instead of requiring the manufacturing of new parts. There are a few things that might need to be worked out, such as the reloading of the tube, but otherwise this design is sound.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Post  cannotaim Sun May 31, 2009 1:19 pm

Just to let you know you missed many PAS mods while you were banned.
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post  Mosin36 Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:54 pm

to So1: What would prevent the spring from crushing the stefans in the tube. The force from the spring and the darts pushing against each other would crumple the first stefan in the tube. Wouldn't it? I must try this now. I would also cushion the top of the spring so you aren't shooting deformed darts.

to Durka: This is quite similar to the loading mechanism in the Winchester and Henry lever action 30-30 repeating rifles. They had a slide that would open at the bottom of the loading tube. 12 rounds were then slid in. The first round would be loaded by the shooter working the lever. The round then went into the the breech and, you know the rest.

I'm also thinking of a way to use it with a slide/pump action. This intrigues me.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Mosin36 wrote:to So1: What would prevent the spring from crushing the stefans in the tube. The force from the spring and the darts pushing against each other would crumple the first stefan in the tube. Wouldn't it? I must try this now. I would also cushion the top of the spring so you aren't shooting deformed darts.

to Durka: This is quite similar to the loading mechanism in the Winchester and Henry lever action 30-30 repeating rifles. They had a slide that would open at the bottom of the loading tube. 12 rounds were then slid in. The first round would be loaded by the shooter working the lever. The round then went into the the breech and, you know the rest.

I'm also thinking of a way to use it with a slide/pump action. This intrigues me.
    Well thats even better. Go with what already works rather than something yet to be invented. A design already existing in a real shotgun should be easier to apply to nerf rather than coming up with a new design.
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:48 pm

I just had a random thought here. Does anyone have an extra Rapid Fire Rifle lying around? This would be the perfect gun to use because of the lever action which makes for an easy loading for this. Where can you buy PAS, by the way? I would try it but it is SO badly cannabilized and modded that it wouldn't even be possible. Maybe I'll pick another up at Wal-Mart and try this.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:39 am

Mosin36 wrote:I just had a random thought here. Does anyone have an extra Rapid Fire Rifle lying around? This would be the perfect gun to use because of the lever action which makes for an easy loading for this. Where can you buy PAS, by the way? I would try it but it is SO badly cannabilized and modded that it wouldn't even be possible. Maybe I'll pick another up at Wal-Mart and try this.
    I believe you can find the PAS at bass pro shops, but thats only what i hear as there are none near me. A rfr might work, but you might have to use a slightly different concept with it.
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Post  Mosin36 Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Actually, what I was thinking was more like cutting of the bottom of the clip, then using the tube as kind of a clip add-on.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:37 pm

I could see that working. It would be easier than directly loading from a tube and you would get a higher ammo capacity. The shells would prevent darts from being squished in the tube.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 am