Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

3 posters

Quick Concepts

Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Quick Concepts Empty Quick Concepts

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:07 pm

If you have a quick idea, with little or zero in-depth structure added (as in, an idea with nearly no other description), post it here, but If you have A full-blown concept with a theretical write-up constructed, I guess (then) it deserves to have it's own thread...

-So1
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Quick Concepts Empty Re: Quick Concepts

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:10 pm

My quick concept: You know those Halo-knock off electronic blasters by buzzbee that jerm made to accept an At2k? Well, I won't share what I will do with the internals, but I think that a digital ammo counter (gives you the idea that my idea involves a hi-cap clip) would replicate the actual Halo Assault rifle perfectly.

(Cough*Sneak Peek Soon*Cough)

-So1
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Post  durka durka Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:57 pm

This sounds like a good idea, if you can pull it off. I know someone created an ammo counter for the vulcan, but the thing was way to bulky to be used in anything else.
    Lets say the mag has 18 darts. You could have a counter that goes to zero when the clip is removed and resets to 18 when a new clip is inserted. however, this would work only for the (hypothetical) 18 shot clip.
    On another note, the toy gun used to make the halo assault rifle looks nearly identical. I'm suprised that microsoft has not caught on and sued the company that makes the gun.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:43 pm

True, and I do see that the knock-offs are still on the shelves.

Anyways, It will be a thirty-round chain, (Chain held in a clip or drum-like apparatus), and I have heard that LEGO NXT equipment uses a laser that can count down one number when the path of the laser is broken, which happens thirty times, and then hits zero. When the clip is inserted, it will press a button, resetting it to thirty. Clever, huh?

-So1
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Post  durka durka Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:31 pm

That sounds really neat. The hardest part now would be to create a clip or chain mechanism and then wire up the laser in a position where it can accurately count the darts.
    Using a clip for this proccess would make the gun look more like the halo version, but a chain might be easier to hook up the counter with.
    This shouldn't be too hard once this is figured out.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Post  cannotaim Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:19 pm

You could put a hornet with only two tanks and connect the pump to the grip.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 pm