Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

5 posters

Rules of Nerflovers

Speed
    Speed

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2008-12-12

Rules of Nerflovers Empty Rules of Nerflovers

Post  Speed Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Rules:

So1 EDIT: This site's validation system runs almost Nerfhaven-style, except you only need to wait one week or less. So, you will not be able to post here unless me or another Admin validates your account. This is easy, of course, if you are not a spammer.

Use capitalization and punctuation correctly. Also, grammar is greatly appreciated

Try to avoid double Posting.

Don't Necro (Reviving old topic).

Don't post in a topic if you don't have anything significant to add.

No MSN/AIM speak EG: LOL, OMG etc etc.

So1 edit: Also, avoid "leet speak".

Search before you post. The hell, go on nerfhaven and find a topic.

If you are a bit off the topic in the topic clearly write: OFF TOPIC:

Be friendly. There is no such thing as a stupid question. But there is a thing as a stupid answer .

And please no pr0n links.

Apart from that, Have fun, because this site exists because of Nerf, not the other way around.

Lastly, don't talk about s-n-i-p-i-n-g in Nerf. It's impossible.

Another thing. I know this is elementary, but do not spam. Your account will be automatically banned.

-Speed and So1

Last edited by Slayer_of_OnE on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:14 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Validation Info)
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Rules of Nerflovers Empty Re: Rules of Nerflovers

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:33 pm

Very good start to the rules, and more may be added along the way.

Also, I will see to it that the title of this is in a prominent color so it pops out on the front page.

Also, I made you a moderator. Hurray.

-So1

Last edited by Slayer_of_OnE on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oopsies!)
    vistagecko

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-04-17

Post  vistagecko Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:08 pm

I understand the need for strict rules on an online forum, but in order for a site to be successful, you need to ease into them. I doubt Nerfhaven began the way it is today. You may need to be a little more lenient as far as rules go, until you get more members.

Say a nerfer with poor grammar shows up, and sees all the rules. He/she is flamed and goes to another site (NerfHQ). At NerfHQ he/she will have a larger member database with less rules to annoy him/her. Not many people are interested in joining a site with all the rules(con) with very little original activity(pros).

If the grammar rules were not a must but more of a suggestion it would seem a little less strict. More members would join, and once you sustain a high constant active user base, you may implement all the rules that you see fit.

I'm not telling you how to run your site at all. If I'm out of line here, I apologize. Just a friendly suggestion, to help things get started around here.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Post  cannotaim Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:48 pm

No vistagecko it is alright,actually good,to give suggestions to build this into a good nerf site.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Fri May 01, 2009 6:30 am

You know what? You're very correct. It seems that now that I look back on this list, it appears very harsh, and makes this site look very controllling. Even the title of the thread makes this site look overpowering. Completely not the style I was aiming for here. I will make it one of my best efforts to revise this list in the following week so it may attract more members rather than repel them.

-So1
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Post  cannotaim Tue May 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Please change the name of this topic.It makes us sound like a bunch of stupid 5 year olds.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Thu May 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Title changed, and all harsh-sounding rules have been mase to be simplistic and more lenient.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

Post  durka durka Fri May 15, 2009 9:59 pm

I agree that we should be lenient (sp?) and flexible with the rules at first. The less people in a group, the less problems occur, and therefore less rules are needed. Our rules should change with the amount of members on this site.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Mon May 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Well said, Durka.

Also, My suspension from Nerfhaven mill be due to end on July 5th, so you will al be seeing me active and contributing on NerfHaven in six weeks or so. However, I will no longer be Puppy-§layer, I will be Slayer_of_OnE, or as all of you have come to know me as So1.

-So1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content