Nerflovers.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nerflovers.net

Discussing all things Nerf

5 posters

The (modding) quick question thread

Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

The (modding) quick question thread Empty The (modding) quick question thread

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:28 am

There is no need to have a new topic started for every small question, so, post it here!

Mine:

For masking, I use the painter's masking tape, which is to say, the blue tape used when painting the walls in your home. However, I have discovered that it does a better job sticking to walls that plastic. Is there a better tape out there that I can use??

-So1
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

The (modding) quick question thread Empty Re: The (modding) quick question thread

Post  Mosin36 Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Just a word of advice, never,ever use packing tape to tape guns for painting. It is extremely sticky and if it sticks together, and you pull it a part, it will rip. Not a fun expirence.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2008-12-30

The (modding) quick question thread Empty Re: The (modding) quick question thread

Post  durka durka Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Slayer_of_OnE wrote:There is no need to have a new topic started for every small question, so, post it here!

Mine:

For masking, I use the painter's masking tape, which is to say, the blue tape used when painting the walls in your home. However, I have discovered that it does a better job sticking to walls that plastic. Is there a better tape out there that I can use??

-So1
    Nice idea for a thread. Whenever I mask a nerf gun (which doesn't happen often), I use electrical tape. I don't use it for a specific reason other than that I have a crap-load of it. I suppose you could use regular masking tape instead of the painter variety.
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:28 pm

hey! were logged on at the same time! Cool!

Anyways, I will have to try electrical tape...
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-12-27

Post  cannotaim Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Just get higher quality tape.
    Mosin36
    Mosin36

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post  Mosin36 Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:29 pm

I did. I use Duct tape or really whatever I manage to scrounge up.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Mosin36 wrote:I did. I use Duct tape or really whatever I manage to scrounge up.
    Duct tape will leave a nasty sticky residue sometimes.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Alright, I got a quick question. The titan has a pump with two tubes leading from it, one for the titan and the other for the hornet (when connected). If I were to connect an at2k or something similar to the second piece of tubing, would I need another oprv (in addition to the one in the titan pump) to keep the 2k from exploding?
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:12 pm

durka durka wrote:Alright, I got a quick question. The titan has a pump with two tubes leading from it, one for the titan and the other for the hornet (when connected). If I were to connect an at2k or something similar to the second piece of tubing, would I need another oprv (in addition to the one in the titan pump) to keep the 2k from exploding?
    No. An at2k pump has an oprv valve.

Last edited by cannotaim on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mike180
    mike180

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-07-03

Post  mike180 Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:33 pm

Hay first post Very Happy . I have a question i modded a nightfinder and now it wont catch any ideas?
    I have put on a new barrel, A.R., and extra springs thats all. thanks for any and all help
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:02 pm

mike180 wrote:Hay first post Very Happy . I have a question i modded a nightfinder and now it wont catch any ideas?
    I have put on a new barrel, A.R., and extra springs thats all. thanks for any and all help
    Is the catch in place correctly? Is the spring still there?

Last edited by cannotaim on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mike180
    mike180

Post  mike180 Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Fixed, very dumb sorry.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:42 am

mike180 wrote:Fixed, very dumb sorry.
    No,no its fine.
    mike180
    mike180

Post  mike180 Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:48 am

Ok so I want to make a shotgun barrel for my big blast, about how long should the cpvc befor it?
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:00 am

Although I don't know the exact length, I think 6-8" for four barrels and a few inches less for six would be a good length. I would try different barrel lengths because cpvc is relatively cheap.
    I would have made a bunch of cpvc barrels for my bbbb by now, but I have been working on another project, trying to do my first homemade, and painting a third gun.
    mike180
    mike180

Post  mike180 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:32 am

Very nice, thanks for your help.
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:39 pm

mike180 wrote:Ok so I want to make a shotgun barrel for my big blast, about how long should the cpvc befor it?
    Just to let you know my big blast barrel is 15 inches.
    mike180
    mike180

Post  mike180 Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:01 pm

For a single shot?
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Yes.
    mike180
    mike180

Post  mike180 Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Ok thank you, and every one that has helped out with what i have needed.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:54 pm

okay, I have a broken magstrike, so I opened it up, and found that for some reason the piston won't return when I fire the gun. The piston only returns after the trigger has been released.
    Can anybody tell me what is wrong?
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Slayer_of_OnE
    Admin

Post  Slayer_of_OnE Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:03 pm

The problem you are experiencing is a common problem in many Magstrikes. There is a widespread manufacturing defect inside of the piston where a part is torn inside of it. This occurs with regular use of the magstrike, and is much more common in the dart tag versions and Iron man versions. The N-strike version is working fine. Unfortunately this is a near impossible repair, as you would need to tear open the piston and mend the hole/replace the piece, which never really works as the piston pieces are hard to mend together again (perfectly). This happened to me twice n my Magstrike experiences, and is very frustrating. I would suggest keeping the rest of it for spare parts, and getting a new N-strike (yellow) MS.

-So1
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Slayer_of_OnE wrote:The problem you are experiencing is a common problem in many Magstrikes. There is a widespread manufacturing defect inside of the piston where a part is torn inside of it. This occurs with regular use of the magstrike, and is much more common in the dart tag versions and Iron man versions. The N-strike version is working fine. Unfortunately this is a near impossible repair, as you would need to tear open the piston and mend the hole/replace the piece, which never really works as the piston pieces are hard to mend together again (perfectly). This happened to me twice n my Magstrike experiences, and is very frustrating. I would suggest keeping the rest of it for spare parts, and getting a new N-strike (yellow) MS.

-So1
    Thanks for your help. At least I have a use for all the other parts.
    durka durka
    durka durka

Post  durka durka Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I have a quick question.

I opened up a double shot to fix the lose spring on the catch that you press down to open up the gun so the shells eject. When doing this, pieces came loose and I couldn't cock the gun anymore. After some research and tinkering, I fixed this problem to find that at best, the darts fall out of the end of the barrel when fired. I tried a cpvc shell, but that didn't really improve anything. I think this is an airflow issue but I don't know the cause or solution. Any help with this problem is greatly appreciated.

Another question about the same gun: The string goes out to the barrel (front) segment and then returns to the segment with the plunger right?
    cannotaim
    cannotaim

Post  cannotaim Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:34 pm

durka durka wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I have a quick question.

I opened up a double shot to fix the lose spring on the catch that you press down to open up the gun so the shells eject. When doing this, pieces came loose and I couldn't cock the gun anymore. After some research and tinkering, I fixed this problem to find that at best, the darts fall out of the end of the barrel when fired. I tried a cpvc shell, but that didn't really improve anything. I think this is an airflow issue but I don't know the cause or solution. Any help with this problem is greatly appreciated.

Another question about the same gun: The string goes out to the barrel (front) segment and then returns to the segment with the plunger right?
    The seal between the plunger and the small bits of tubing might have a crack. Check that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:29 pm